Webmaster Tools » Website Information Tool
Website Information Tool
Enter the URL of the website you want to get information about.
What is Website Information Tool?
Website Information Tool is a free all-in-one tool for detailed website analysis.
Discover key insights into any website's technology stack, rankings, safety ratings, WHOIS data, IP address information, server responses, and more.
Plenty of Information
With our online tool, you can explore a bunch of versatile information at once:
- Website rankings (PageRank, Alexa, Majestic and Umbrella ranks, and more) and their changes history over many years.
- Linking information (the number of referring Class C subnets and referring IPs).
- Website's popularity in social media (Facebook Likes, Pinterest Pins, Buffer Shares).
- Safety check results from multiple sources.
- Top keywords along with the word cloud.
- The review of the most valuable on-page data (headings, links, images, meta tags, structured data).
- WHOIS records for both the domain and the IP address.
- IP address details that include the reverse DNS lookup result.
- A list of websites sharing the same IP address.
- Server response headers with all redirects.
The tool has been online since 2006, and we have collected a decent amount of historical data from a variety of sources:
- Alexa ranks from 2009 until 2023
- Quantcast rankings from 2009 through 2020
- Open PageRank values since 2017
- Majestic data since May 2018
- Umbrella ranks since May 2018
- Historical Google PageRank data from 2006 to 2016
- Historical IP addresses of more than 47 million domains
Website Information Tool can serve a multitude of professional purposes:
- Competitor Analysis: Examine the technologies and strategies used by competitors.
- Security Assessment: Ensure your online safety by checking the safety ratings and WHOIS information of websites you visit.
- SEO: Improve your website's search engine performance by studying top-ranking websites in your niche.
- Technical Troubleshooting: Quickly diagnose technical issues by examining technology stacks and server responses.
- Domain Research: Investigate a domain's ranking history and suitability before purchase or use.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a CMS?
A CMS, short for Content Management System, is a software that enables users to create, edit, and publish website content.
More information: Content management system.
What are frontend and backend frameworks?
Frontend and backend frameworks are software libraries of tools and modules that help developers build the client-side and server-side of web applications, respectively.
What is semantic markup?
Semantic markup is code that describes elements on a webpage or provides additional information that helps search engines to better understand context.
More information: Semantic HTML, Semantic Web.
Here is the list of semantic markup types recognized by Website Information Tool:
- Open Graph
- Twitter Cards
- Dublin Core
- Product Ontology
What is Open PageRank?
Since Google PageRank data is not published anymore, Open PageRank is a good free Google PageRank alternative. It is calculated by the Open PageRank initiative and based on data provided by Common Crawl and Common Search crawlers (more than 3 billion web pages indexed). It's a good measurement of a website's backlink strength.
If you need to check PageRank for many sites at once, you can use PageRank Checker. You can explore the top websites by PageRank as well.
What is Alexa rank?
Alexa traffic rank is a metric that was designed to be an estimate of a website's popularity. It is a combined measure of page views and users.
The service was provided since 1996 by Alexa Internet Inc., an Amazon subsidiary. The Alexa Web Information Service APIs were discontinued on December 15, 2022; however, we still have a large amount of historical Alexa data in our database.
View the top websites by Alexa rank here.
What is Majestic rank?
Majestic rank is another website's popularity indicator that shows the website position in a Majestic Million, a list of domains, ordered by the number of referring subnets. This list is compiled and published by Majestic-12 Limited.
What is Umbrella rank?
Umbrella rank is a domain's position in Cisco Umbrella 1 Million, a list of the top most popular domains, based on the number of unique client IPs visiting this domain, relative to the sum of all requests to all domains. The ranking reflects the popularity of internet activity over any port or protocol from any application and not just web activity over port 80 from browsers. Compiled and published by Cisco Systems, Inc.
What is WHOIS?
WHOIS is a public directory where you can look up "who is" responsible for a domain or IP address.
The domain's WHOIS records contain various information about the domain: the registration and expiration date, the registrar name and address, and the owner's name and contact information (now often hidden by WHOIS privacy services).
The IP WHOIS contains information about which organization is holding which IP address blocks and their details.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the positions of web pages in organic (non-paid) search.
More information: Search engine optimization.